March 12-17, 2018
Mission trips offer an excellent experience to develop a deeper faith in Christ, serve people, discover other cultures, develop deeper friendships, and spread the love of Christ! We are partnering with Open Arms, a ministry fighting to keep families together in Mexico by providing free day care so kids aren’t on the streets or in an orphanage. The Mexico trip to Open Arms teaches team members to share the Gospel and the love of Christ with the community through local outreach events, visiting homes, playing with children, and accomplishing various work projects.
$550. Price includes transportation, food, accommodations, travel insurance, and outreach activities.
Applications Due Sunday, October 22 with $50 deposit
Space will be limited for this trip and late applications will not be accepted. Get your fully completed applications in on time!
Important Dates/ Meetings
- Interest Meeting: Sunday, September 17th 1:30-2:30 in A103
- If you need help fundraising please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to see a sample support letter you can check out these!
If you have any other questions or concerns:
In CSHS, we believe that God wants to do great things in and through our students! Whether it is locally at a homeless shelter or on a mission trip, we have multiple opportunities for all students throughout the year.
- Cards on a mission: Got a thing for arts and crafts? Come and help create cards that touch the lives of hospitalized kids, giving them smiles in those plain wards.
- La Mesita family shelter: Do you like making pancakes, play games, making crafts and spending time with families? This project provides a fun atmosphere for establishing friendships and building relationships with the familes and kids at the shelter.
- Leigh’s Blankies: This is will be fun activity for those who enjoy sewing and even those who just want to cut, fold or iron. The blankets go to kids in need around the world. Sarah Bowers is a regular.
- Project Cure: Would you like to improve the health of millions around the world? This is a packing plus sorting project suited to 16+ students. They’re able to contribute to a project that significantly impacts health in countries around the world.
- YANA Comfort Blankets: Can you tie a knot? Come help us by tying knots that complete the making of blankets for cancer patients. Sitting around a table with beautiful blankets, you can hang out with friends and leaders while impacting your world.
- Senior living centers: We need game hosts, craft hosts, and prayer leaders for one on one interactions. This is particularly for those with the big hearts plus patience to relax with and love on the elderly, playing games like bingo and just talking. For the residents, cornerstone’s visits brightens their day and brings them joy.