NEXT 2nd Saturday :: September 8, 2018
Are you looking for a way to radically love people in our community? Every 2nd Saturday people of all ages meet to partner with local organizations and SERVE others in our community. We gather every 2nd Saturday of the month at 9:00AM in the Cornerstone Chandler Student Center. No registration is necessary — just show up, hear about the projects, and choose one to volunteer with. ALL projects meet at the CS Chandler Student Center.
This month we’ll be serving with:
- Apartment Life CARES Team: Apartment Life focuses on intentional relationship, believing that that every individual is created for genuine community. Join us as we serve our neighbors at Indigo Springs Apartments.
- Busy Hands 4 Christ: Gather to knit blankets and crochet scarves for those in need worldwide – We’ll even teach teach you how! Best for individuals over 12 years old.
- Cards on a Mission: We know a card can brighten a day for a hurting or lonely soul. Join us as we create handmade cards for hospitalized children, senior citizens, soldiers, single moms, and more. All ages are welcome!
- La Mesita Family Homeless Shelter: Come spend time with families playing games, doing crafts, and serve a pancake breakfast. This highly relational project is great for the whole family!
- Pennington Gardens Senior Living: Put a smile on a beautiful face and join us as we play games, do crafts, and spend time with our residents.
- Project C.U.R.E.: Join us on a project that is saving lives in developing countries around the world! We’ll organize and sort medical supplies that are sent worldwide. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Please wear closed-toe shoes.
- YANA-Cancer Comfort Blankets: Can you tie a knot? Come make hand-tied blankets to touch the lives of people affected by cancer. With volunteer support we can provide comfort care packages to cancer patients with items to keep them warm during treatment and inspiration to give them hope during their fight against cancer. All ages are welcome.
• • • • •
List of partners we typically serve with:
Apartment Life CARES Team | Busy Hands 4 Christ | Cards on a Mission
NOTE: We’re happy to sign for any honor society and school service hours at the event.
NOTE: For court-mandated community service hours, please contact Cornerstone’s Volunteer Coordinator at 480.656.7013 or firstname.lastname@example.org for required paperwork and scheduling PRIOR TO SERVING.
If you have any questions about 2nd Saturday, contact us at: